Monday, October 11, 2010

Life

So I've had a lot of time recently so I thought i'd start a blog. I don't know any other guys that blog but oh well. My life recently has been a roller coaster. I woke up last Tuesday and my legs didn't work real well. I called my dad and he advised me to call my sister, Erin, and have her take me to the E.R. I did and then with the help of walls and handrails worked my way downstairs. My sister came and then with the help of some roomates got to the car and to the E.R. After a few preliminary tests the doctor came in and said he was gonna call another doctor to admit me and said there was a possibility of Guillan Barre syndrome. I was then in tests all day, including a spinal tap and being the MRI machine for over 2 hrs. At about 5 P.M. I was moved to the ICU and by the end of the night I couldn't wiggle my toes or anything with my legs. Moved out of the ICU on Wednesday and over the next few days, as tests came back normal and the paralysis didn't progress, they have all but ruled out Guillan Barre and now they think it is some sort of virus but noone really knows. I'm told something very similar happened when I was about 17 months old. So I guess every 20 years I wake up and can't walk. Good news is it is only temporary and there is a little improvement every day. Today I can pick up my feet just a little while standing. I am getting good at standing as long as I have something to balance. So that is my life. I will see about getting some pictures from my family and put on here. Till next!!

1 comment: